Thursday, August 1, 2013

While Visions of Book Covers Dance in My Head...


This past week I did something really exciting. I made a cover for my book.

Now, it's not a very good cover, not the cover I'll use. I did it as a sort of rough draft, something to give the professional cover designer I'll eventually hire an idea of what I want. It was frustrating trying to navigate Photoshop without taking the time to actually learn the program (no point, since I only had the one week free trial anyway) but it was fun. Looking at a cover with my title and my pen name made the dream seem more possible than ever.

I can't wait to see what the actual cover will look like, and I feel so blessed that I get to be the one to pick it. I've already made a list of designers I plan to contact, but I'm making myself wait until after I've finished this current round of self-edits, using the thrill of the cover as a bribe. With that said, it's time to get back to page 190 of my 260 page manuscript. I'm almost, almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment